Sunday, May 24, 2009

Week one is done!

Last blog of week one! After the first week, I am feeling just peachy with my co-op at the Port Authority. The process that I went through was probably not the recommended, nor the best way to secure a co-op position. To be completely honest, I did the classic “all the eggs in one basket” and completely lucked out and actually got the job. I put my application in and...waited. I was nervous, and went into the office three times to see if any decisions had been made. On the third visit, I was given an interview, and after the interview I was offered a job. The wait was terrible, but the result is awesome. The port has been radical so far, and I have no complaints thus far (only a week, I know). The funny thing is that I already have a very good lead on a co-op position for next summer, apparently I am trying to not repeat the last minute one basket thing the second time around. I don’t really know exactly what my “dream job” is yet, although I have some ideas. Truthfully, I don’t know yet how directly my Port co-op will relate to my dream job, but I think that all the things that I learn will help me learn a lot in an indirect way. Week one done, week two, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment