Sunday, July 19, 2009

Nine Weeks...


So, nine weeks in and things are just flying. This weekend was the Silly boat Regatta, which brings a lot of people down to the Harbour. We also had our first major Yacht club come through, which was the Seattle Yacht club. They had 900 feet of dock space reserved, and the Straight of Georgia was blowing in excess of 25 knots. This made boaters refuse to leave the docks, even though we didn't have room. It took quite a few hours of creative boat tying, but we were able to fit all of the boats in. Quite a way to make a day go flying by I must say. Also, we have been having some illegal incidents at the Port, and just today I got to spend about 45 minutes tailing a guy who assaulted someone on our docks! It was rad! I followed him from about 30 feet back all the up Albert St. to almost Prideaux, so that the Police could come and arrest him. I was totally in my James Bond moment or something. At least if Tourism doesn't work, I can't be a spy! Anywho, I am finding that when things are really busy that I enjoy the pressure of running the docks, tying boats, squeezing people in and doing everything at a full gallop. Plus, the tips are actually pretty good. Tomorrow is the start of my weekend, and I can't wait to rest up. The picture that I posted is of our southern docks at night, and I belive that I took this shot either one day before or after the full moon. The clouds were great, and I thought they would make for a kind of cool picture. Cody is out.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cody!
    Sounds like an excellent day at work..little boat tying, meeting some people, following an assualt-er (?) anyways sounds like good times...not for the person who was assualted though. what do you get to do in the slow times? Or is it just wandering the docks? Anyways maybe see you around!

    ReplyDelete