Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Its almost over...

August is over????

I am late again, my bad. This is going to be an entry worth 2 weeks of work, as I am currently on holidays. Funny that even though I am on holidays, I am spending most of my time floating on a dock which is exactly what I do at work. These last couple weeks have seen some miserable people hitting the docks, who I have had the pleasure of dealing with. These individuals have been incredibly upset with our policies...things like if you come to a marina, spend the night, and use our shore power services it is ludicrous that you would then have to pay for that. People say some really shameful things, and things that I cannot reprint here, because I think I would get in trouble for typing them in. Otherwise things are quite good, and the holidays are nice. We are having an end of summer work dinner this Saturday, and also a game of golf, but the golf is at Fairwinds, and that is almost $80.00 for green fees, so I think I will be skipping that, as there will be textbooks to buy soon.
Today I was offered a winter position at the Port, which is an awesome development, as it means I don’t have to look for another job for the school year. I am interested to see the different things that happen during the off-season at the port, and the changes that will come during the slower months. One thing is for sure, there will definitely be more studying in the winter months than the summer ones! See you all in a few weeks...maybe less!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on landing a pretty sweet job Cody. I'm somewhat jealous you got to chill out on the docks for most of the summer days and be on the ocean. Was your job strictly on the docks or did you ever get to go out on the water?

    I certainly know what you mean about running into some people who aren't exactly a pleasure to deal with. I dealt with some a similar couple who thought it was just as ludicrous to have to pay extra for wireless as well as beachfront sites.

    Good job with your coop it sounds like you had a blast, see you in a few days.

    Marie B

    ReplyDelete