Sunday, August 16, 2009

Almost the end...

Hey all,

So, things are just ducky down at the Port. Been very busy, and finding myself using lots of event management material in my day to day doings. This week we also had the Snowbirds performing on Wednesday. Our large breakwater, or VVP (Visiting Vessel Peir) was home base for both their radio operations as well as their announcer. They flew for 55 minutes almost, and I was actually out on the VVP keeping people from going down onto the peir. It was closed and gated, so I was able to actually sit and watch the planes fly for the whole show, and it was awesome. No matter how professional they are, a person can't help but cringe a little bit knowing how close they pass each other going 1000 km/h. An awesome show nonetheless, with crowd estimations at around 18-20,000 people coming down to the harbour to watch. I think that Matt and I had almost the best seats in the house, next to our boat crew, who were actually out on the water watching for vessels who were ignoring the harbour closure. Another good week, plus the surf was up this week, and I was Ukee bound on my days off! Gotta love it! See ya.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cody!
    Im jealous you got to watch the whole thing with front row seats, I missed the whole thing. You would think after telling visitors about it all day I would remember..but I still managed to forget! Anyways, Glad you are havin a rockin' summer! Are you going to be coming up to the new kiosk on our Free Nanaimo Bar Open House day next Monday! Hope to see you there!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete